Terms & Conditions
Terms and conditions of the contract: your rights under GDPR
This contract is between you, the data subject, and The Career Boutique Limited.
The contract is at the request of the data subject.
Your privacy is important to us and we take it very seriously. We want to help everyone who uses our services to get the most out of them. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) is a new regulation which replaces the Data Protection Regulation (Directive 95/46/EC). The Regulation aims to harmonise data protection legislation across EU member states, enhancing privacy rights for individuals and providing a strict framework within which commercial organisations can legally operate. Even though the UK has expressed its intention to leave the EU in March 2019, the GDPR will be applicable in the UK from 25th May 2018. Furthermore the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) has recently laid out its intention to continue with a similar level of regulation post March 2019.
The policy below lays out in simple English how the GDPR applies to the way The Career Boutique Limited handles your personal data. Our aim is to be responsible, relevant and secure when using your data. The Career Boutique Limited is a recruitment consultancy specialised in recruitment services to businesses and candidates. The Career Boutique Limited also shares industry and company’s news on its website. Our expectation is that individuals entering into this contract share these aims and objectives. If this is not your expectation, please do not subscribe. Entering your email into the subscription box indicates that you have read and understood the terms and conditions of the contract.
Please take a moment to read through what information we collect about you, who we share it with and how they might use it.
WHO CONTROLS MY PERSONAL DATA?
- The Data Controller is The Career Boutique Limited. It is registered in the UK Company Number 6833928.
- The registered address is Office Suite 2, Meadowway, South Row, Chilton, Oxfordshire, OX11 0RT. The Data Controller’s representative is the Managing Director
- You can contact them by email at email@example.com.
- You can call them on 0845 5204010.
WHAT DATA WILL THE CONTROLLER COLLECT AND PROCESS?
- The categories of personal data collected are your name, your job title, your company name, your company address and your business email supplied by you during sign up.
- Personal Data may also include a link to a professional profile including a photograph if one is available in the public domain e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter, Business Facebook or Corporate Website.
- No links to personal or private websites – even if they are in the public domain will be collected, stored or processed.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE AND LEGAL BASIS OF THE PROCESSING?
- The Career Boutique Limited will rely on Article 6(1)(b) GDPR as the lawful basis for processing your personal data. o (b) – CONTRACTUAL – processing of Personal Data is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the individual is a party or for the Controller to take precontractual steps at the request of the individual’
- The purpose of the contract is to set out terms and conditions of the service you have chosen to subscribe to.
- The service consists of electronic, phone and postal communications from The Career Boutique Limited and approved third parties.
WHO WILL HAVE ACCESS TO MY DATA?
- The Career Boutique Limited. All our employees and data processors that have access to, and are associated with, the processing of your personal information are legally obliged to respect the confidentiality of your data and are bound by contract to do so
- As part of this contract, from time to time, The Career Boutique Limited would like to share your personal data with a group of commercial partners or third parties specifically connected with your industry.
- The Career Boutique Limited guarantee to only choose partners who demonstrate to the satisfaction that they adhere to the principles of the GDPR and the principles of data protections.
- Your personal data will not be shared with any third parties unconnected with your industry. Data will only be shared with third parties who can demonstrate a genuine need to process your data in connection with your professional capacity.
- You will always be given a straightforward way to opt out of this contract each time you receive a communication from one of our partners. You may opt out of receiving product information for a single partner or all partners, but still continue to receive the newsletters.
- The Career Boutique Limited undertake to balance the rights of both the individual data subject and any third party to whom the data is passed, taking into consideration the reasonable expectations of data subjects.
- Our commercial partners will rely on Article 6(1)(f) GDPR as a lawful basis for processing your personal data. o Article 6 (1)(f): ‘processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental right and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of Personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child’. o Specifically, Recital 47 affirms direct marketing as a legal basis for processing by the Controller or Third Party provided that the interests or the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject are not overridden.
- By signing up to this contract you are agreeing that you understand and accept these terms as a valid legal basis for processing your personal data.
WILL THE DATA LEAVE THE UK? IF SO, WHAT SAFEGUARDING MEASURES ARE IN PLACE?
- The Career Boutique Limited will not permit data to be transferred outside of the UK without the submission of a satisfactory proof of safeguarding or certified privacy shield.
HOW LONG WILL PERSONAL DATA BE RETAINED FOR? ARTICLE 13(1)(A)
- The Retention period for data is five years from the signup date or sooner if you choose it. We have chosen five years because that is the average amount of time a professional in the UK remains in post.
- All Data Controllers will be required to deactivate personal data after the relevant retention period, or when they are in receipt of a data subjects request to do so, whichever is the earlier. The data subject has the right to change their mind and withdraw consent at any point during the retention period. Article 21(4) – ‘Right to Object’.
WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS? ARTICLE 13(1)(C)
The Career Boutique Limited confirms the following rights to each Data Subject:
- The right of access to a copy of the information comprised in their personal data. To obtain a copy of the personal information we keep about you please send your request to the Data Controller, Executive Grapevine International Ltd, Rosanne House, Parkway, Welwyn Garden City AL8 6HG. We will provide you with a hard copy of the personal data we keep (at no charge) within 40 days. We will, however, require proof of identity.
- The right to object to processing that is likely to cause, or is causing damage or distress.
- The right to prevent processing for Direct Marketing.
- The right to object to decisions being taken by automatic means.
- The right to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed.
- The right to make a complaint to a supervisory body